Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day and to go along with the theme of this month’s newsletter (gluten-free food), we’re posting a delicious dessert recipe for gluten-free chocolate cake. Enjoy!
This recipe is an adaptation of Flourless Chocolate Cake by Linda Larsen, About.com Guide to Busy Cooks. This version is smaller than most flourless chocolate cake recipes but don’t let the diminutive size fool you, one small wedge delivers a big dose of buttery rich chocolate flavor!
If you have a 7-inch tart pan with crimped edges and a removable bottom the cake bakes up with fanciful fluted edges and is easy to remove from the pan after baking.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 6 1-ounce squares coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For Glaze:
- 2 1-ounce squares coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate squares
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon milk OR light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Agave syrup OR honey
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla